April 3, 2016

PUBLISHED IN WATCHER JUNIOR!!!



IT’S HERE!!!!

*heavy breathing*

My first publication in an academic capacity, Watcher Junior: The Undergraduate Journal of Whedon Studies published a heavily condensed version of my paper on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, “‘Are You Ready to be Strong?’ Buffy the Vampire Slayer as Transgressive to the Strong Female Character Stereotype” today in its 9th volume!! Check it out, and I encourage you to read the other papers in this issue; they are fascinating and there’s some thematic overlap too!!

A bit of background on this version: This is the broad strokes of my argument streamlined and tightened to fit into about ten pages or so, and I had to write a new introduction for it. Not sure how I feel about that, but I actually learned a lot about editing and cutting this down; revision for this was helpful as it forced me to suss out the major strengths of the essay and put them all together into a more solid and dense paper. I'm quite happy I did this, even aside from the novelty of now being published in a journal specifically about Joss Whedon's work!

Very exciting stuff, and I couldn’t be happier about it!

Check out my Watcher Junior article here!

Begin the original ten-part version here!

No comments:

Post a Comment