August 29, 2015

I'm on Odyssey!!!

Hi, all!

Just here to give you all an update about what's been going on. My sophomore year has started up here at WU, and I can already tell it's gonna keep me really, really busy. I don't know how much time I'll have to blog, and any long-term projects I have will have to be put on hold until Christmas break.

Luckily, I am now a writer for the online magazine The Odyssey, a web-based news and opinions site run by and for college students and millennials in general. It's Greek-life founded, but obviously you don't have to be in a frat or sorority to write for it or read it (obviously, I'm not in a fraternity, because y'know, I don't want to be associated with the word "douchebag" anymore than I already am).

My school's division of The Odyssey is brand new, so I'm pretty stoked to be a part of something at its inception. The staff is really awesome and so far they've been quite supportive and helpful. Anyway, if you want to check it out, there's some excellent material on the site. If you decide to read any of the material, please share it on your various social medias. I know that sounds like a plug, and I guess it is, but shares on Facebook is mainly how the site draws in viewers and keeps itself afloat (plus, depending on how many shares your article gets, it can be picked as one of the Top Articles, and I kinda want to get there!). I myself have written one article and have a few more lined up in the queue. Most of the current material I have is stuff that's been majorly or slightly reworked from previous posts here, but I'm hoping to branch out and do full-on original content once the school-year settles.

Anyway, I wanted to give you all a heads up about what's up, adn alert you to this exciting new opportunity for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment