June 26, 2015

Prime, Kim Possible, Jurassic World, and General Goings On

Hey, all!

Okay, so this post was actually all written up on Tuesday and put in the queue because I'm apparently now even prepackaging my spontaneous write-ups, but I just have to add this little interjection and just offer my sincere congratulations to all the same-sex couples out there in the US, as now marriage equality is legal in every state. I actually woke up pretty late this morning, so everything had pretty much happened already, but there was still quite a bit of buzz on the Facebook and Tumblr of course. And I just think it's so incredible... the legalization of gay marriage everywhere, not the buzz on FB; that's nothing new. This serves as a reminder that an optimistic future might not be as far-fetched as we thought, or as impossible as the cynics would have you believe. Anyway, I just wanted to throw in my recognition of this wonderful news; it seems that the Supreme Court of late has been shot in the arm with a mixture of common sense and optimism, and it's fucking fantastic.

Well, I have four episodes of Transformers Prime left, and then I'll have reviewed the whole show! That's kind of exciting, isn't it? Only took me like five whole years to do it. Anyway, I've been giving some serious thought as to what I could review next or even if I should continue doing that. A number of animated works are under consideration, including Justice League, Madoka Magica, Spectacular Spider-Man, and of course Robots in Disguise, the new 2015 one. I'm sticking strictly to animation right now because it's a fun medium for me and having attempted covering hour-long shows and failing quite miserably at it, I figure I'd better stick to twenty-two minute shows and five-page reviews.

The first two on that list generated a ton of buzz upon their respective releases, so I'm tentative on covering those because so much has been said about both of them already that I honestly don't know if I would have anything new to say. The latter two are also pretty popular (especially Spider- Man), so again, I'm not sure what I have to say on it will be a whole lot different than what other people have stated. Anyway, I'm mulling it over. If you have suggestions on what series you'd like to see, please leave a comment- I always like to include that little invitation even though I know no one ever comments on this stuff; helps keep my imaginary street cred in tact.

There is the other possibility that after finishing up Prime next month (probably) that I simply drop reviews altogether. Statistically speaking, the Reviews category on here is generally one of the lower viewed sections. Mini-Views and Overviews tend to be the heavy-hitters when it comes to view counts, so I don't know. I'm mulling it over. It also doesn't help that Prime is now a good two years out of date, having ended in 2013, and so interest on that has wained quite a bit. And while I'm sure reviews of Justice League or even Spider-Man would do okay, it does seem a bit odd that I'm going back further in time and covering stuff that's already happened. I could do a retrospective personal take on it; I don't know how many people would be interested in that, but that's an option.

Point is, I'm in a bit of a quandary here, so I'm letting you all know what's up and also mostly trying to get this all down on paper just to have it out of my system. That is what blogs are for, no?

Also, I recently found out that Disney has all four seasons of Kim Possible online free to watch on their website, and so I've been just binge watching the hell out of it and it's been just such a joy! I remember watching this as a kid, and as soon as I picked a random episode and it started playing, I instantly got a huge grin on my face as childhood nostalgia swept over me. It's a lot of fun watching old cartoons that you used to watch as a kid! I'm really loving revisiting the old memory lane here. It's kind of amazing how childhood memories and nostalgia can have such a powerful effect on people.

In other news, I saw Jurassic World! I really enjoyed it! I was gonna do a Mini-View on it, but I found that I didn't really have a whole lot to say about the film, so I just let it be. I'm seeing Inside Out tomorrow, though, and I'll definitely have stuff to say about that, so look forward to that! But yeah, Jurassic World, it was alright. I certainly wasn't bored. I did appreciate all the little easter eggs they stuck into the film, and I had just seen the first one again the day before seeing World, so everything was fresh in my memory and I caught a good chunk of homages in the movie.

So yeah, I've got a Mini-View of Inside Out scheduled, plus tomorrow night I'm going to a concert and I'm sure I'll be back here telling all ten of you all about it! The Buffy stuff is doing extremely well! July will consist strictly of that and probably one review of Prime per week, just to give you an idea of what the schedule's gonna be like (I still haven't mapped out when the Prime reviews will fall; I have a class going on, so they might be a bit scattered). Anyway, just wanted to give you all a heads-up on what's up in my very mundane world as of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment