May 20, 2014

Day 360

Five more days!!!

Okay, so today was jam packed with errands, house cleaning, more errands, a track team dinner, and some snapchats! First, I got up pretty early, had some breakfast, and then got to work on hanging up the remaining pictures. Now our hearth for our fireplace is all clean! Also got several boxes of books out of the house and donated to the public library, and we went to my school to drop off some flowers as gifts for the administration department. After this, we went to the grocery store, stocked up on food for the weekend and then came home.

After putting more stuff away, we then got back in the car, went to the comic book store, got the car washed, and then headed over to my last lesson of composition tutoring. It was a nice lesson; I told my tutor about the Joachim violin concerto, and we talked some more theory and modal stuff. It was fun, and I'm hoping to continue studying with him on an irregular basis. We returned home again to then have a family friend drive us over to the car rental place to get our minivan for our family this weekend, then my Mom dropped me off at Chile Rio for the track team dinner. It was a fun dinner; my friend and I had these great burgers that were like green chile cheeseburgers! Yum! Talked it up with the coaches and other athletes about our time here, and my friend and I talked about college and the feeling of being completely done! It's pretty crazy.

Okay, so a few days ago, a fellow soon-to-be Freshmen at Willamette contacted me out of the blue and we immediately hit it off! We've been texting each other non-stop, and tonight I finally got to see her face and hear her speak by using snapchat (we were going to use skype, but I don't have that, much to her dismay and irritation). But I think it's awesome that we're all able to communicate and meat each other before we even see each other in person! Like, I think that is cool. Anyway, we've been sending snapchats back and forth, so I guess that's what I'll be doing for the next hour or so before I go to bed.

Also, I got my hands on my first Age of Extinction figure. It's the Evasion Optimus Prime, and honestly this is one of the only figures I'm planning to get from this line, because the rest of the line doesn't impress me. This figure though! Holy hell, does he impress! Taking the G1 cab-over-engine design and having that vehicle explode into the movie robot design is just inspired, and it's a great love-letter to the fans of the old cartoon... seven years into all of the movie stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment