May 13, 2014

Day 353

So, I had a pretty nice day today. I took a break from House of Cards and instead continued to work on my Taos submission and my thesis. I also read my friend's thesis on Star Trek and post-colonialism, and practiced the violin. Went through my colloquium presentation a few times today, now able to cut it down to around nineteen minutes, which is pretty good, I think. I will go over it a lot tomorrow, because tomorrow night's the big night! I'm pretty nervous, not gonna lie.

Read some more of Nervous Conditions. I'm getting the sense that once I'm done with this second reading of it, it's going to get bumped up in my list of top ten favorite books, because I'm noticing some elements upon a second reading that I didn't notice on the first, which is always a sign of a good book. Bought my penultimate figure for my Transformers Prime toy collection, the 2014 Voyager Predaking mold, which I'm looking forward to a lot! After that, I'll only need the purple-colored Jet Vehicon, and then I'm all set!

Composition tutoring was okay. We reviewed some theory stuff and he gave me a book called Original Wisdom by Robert Wolff. Should be an interesting read. Came home and watched the season finale to Agents of SHIELD. It was okay. I'm actually more impressed with just how far the series has grown from it's inception to where it is now, mostly due to how it's responded to outside events in the MCU. It's not a great show by any means, but compared to where it started... yeah, it's definitely come a long way, and I give it significant points for that! Oh, and yes, Sam Jackson kicked ass in this too!

Well, I better get some sleep. Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment, and then must rehearse like crazy for my presentation tomorrow night. Wish me luck, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment