April 17, 2014

Day 327

Spirit Day! Had a pretty fun Thursday, ending the week on a high note! The Senior class went bowling for the morning, and that was admittedly not very fun. I didn't score any points in the first game at all, but then some friends of mine helped me out and I got in some shots. I think I ended up scoring like twenty points overall or something. This is why I don't do bowling, or really any sport involving a ball: I just end up making a fool of myself!

Returned to school and this was when the real fun began. Okay, so at my school, we have this week that we call Spirit Week, which is basically a week of us celebrating our school spirit. Sounds pretty hokey, right? Well, we make it fun by having like themed days, so like Tuesday was Tropical Tuesday or something, and yesterday was like a dress-like-someone-else day or something. I don't know because I wasn't at school yesterday, but today was the Spirit Day, in which we basically hang out and play games all afternoon. There're obstacle courses set up, huge sumo suits out for us to try to move in, and there's even a barbecue! It's a ton of fun, and really is a nice end to the short week. This year, I hung out and played Apples to Apples with some friends, and it was pretty funny. Even a teacher joined in at one point! That was cool, and again, I'm really loving this whole Senior social interaction goodbye nostalgia thing we got going on here!

Track practice was pretty much nothing (only three people showed up), and then a friend of mine and I ran through what we are performing for his thesis presentation. We ran the first couple bars of Aces High and the opening of Beethoven's 5th. It went better than either of us expected it to, and I think with a few touch ups, we'll be ready for Monday. Had a violin lesson after this, which was good, because I was already warmed up. Worked on the Kabolevsky a lot, adding a new pretty confusing double-stopped section! Made good headway on the work though, and then my Mom and I got burgers and returned home to watch the latest episode of Person of Interest!

This show... oh man! This is probably one of the best episodes they've ever done! That last act just killed me, and really elevated the show to new heights! Just an amazing moral debate and a really dark turn for the series, and I absolutely cannot wait to see next week's episode!

On a completely unrelated note (though this does have to do with TV), I've been toying with the idea of branching out to review other animation. I have a huge interest in tackling the Justice League and Unlimited series, and of course some of the other Transformers shows. Just thought I'd put that out there to wet all of your appetites (and then not deliver on any of this until the proverbial saliva has dried in your mouths a few years down the line from now). Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment