April 1, 2014

Day 311

Turned in my senior thesis! I'll be doing a reflection post come the end of the year, but suffice it to say that I'm super proud of this paper and really glad it's turned in! Definitely the biggest project I've undertaken for school, and probably the most advanced in terms of writing and scope. Might post it somewhere... I don't know yet! Now all I have to worry about is colloquium presentations! No pressure

Post was really fun! Got to work in my group of five other people with whom I'll be covering movies of the 2000s/2010s. We got started on our joint PowerPoint presentation; I'm covering the superhero genre of film and talking about the different aspects of it. I'm really excited to present on Monday!

Had Advanced English next. We continued our poetry unit today, getting a broad overview of the plan for the rest of the year, and also writing some poems based on prongs from this new book we got called Ordinary Genius by Kim Addinizio. It's a pretty good book, and the poems we came up with were all really funny and awesome. I'm not big into writing poetry, but I am liking this unit. It's a nice cool down unit after the huge completion and turning in of the thesis.

Didn't have track today on account of my composition tutor having to move up my lesson because of scheduling conflicts. Comp tutoring was really great today as he helped me out with my first draft of my piano sonata! I'm so happy that I'm working on this with him. I want to continue working on it in the coming weeks!

Well, that's all for today folks! Big day, really happy, and pretty exhausted. I'm off to bed. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment