March 22, 2014

Day 301

Got up really early for a Saturday to go play some chess! Given that three out of the four members of our chess team were with me on our Winterim trip, from which we got back at around 9:00 last night, it should come as no surprise that we were all really exhausted this morning and as such did not do as well as we would have otherwise. I myself won the first game by sheer luck (and a really badass ending position!) Everyone else lost that first round, which was really surprising considering that our first board person is the state champion right now! I lost the other two games, unfortunately. I was really out of it by the end, and was only vaguely paying attention to what I was doing, because y'know, sleep deprivation and jet-lag and all that.

Anyway, came home and watched Frozen! I love the film, and it was such a joy to watch it again. I'm really conflicted about doing a review on this. On the one hand, I do want to get my thoughts down on paper on what I think worked and didn't work in the film, but on the other hand, so much has already been written on the film (most of which I agree with) that I don't really see what putting my voice out there would add to the mix. Also, given that I've already done a Mini-View of it, a review might seem redundant. Whatever, I'll figure it out.

Went out to dinner at this awesome Indian restaurant, and then came back home and I have now begun watching Pushing Daises! I love the quirky style and the guy who did the Harry Potter audiobooks narrates this, so that's awesome. Looking forward to watching more of this show! Might work on thesis a little tonight before going to bed! See you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment