March 21, 2014

Day 300

Sixty-five more days, man! Sixty-five!!!

Returned home today from DC after first visiting Arlington National Cemetery. The cematary was very touching and just so beautiful. We got to see the changing of the guard which was pretty neat. And the view from Robert E. Lee's house is just spectacular!

We left fro the airport six hours before our flight was supposed to leave because some of us wanted to see the basketball game... I don't know why; we're history nerds, not sports fans, come on! Anyway, I entertained myself by laying out the beginning grass roots of an outline for a novel I've been tossing around in my head for a good two years now. It's incredibly sloppy, but I'm glad I have it down on paper.

Then there was the long flight back, and now I'm here! Man, it's been a long week! I loved it, though. There was so much to see, so much to do, and I got to geek out over history! Like, that's so cool! Came home and was greeted with two surprises! One was my copy of Frozen got here while I was away, and now I can watch it again finally! Might do a review of it, but aI'm not sure, only because so much has been written on it already. The second piece of news is that I got into Reed College! Hell yeah! I am so happy now. No I'm ust waiting on money options from them and then I'll have real decision making to do!

It's been a fantastic week. Tomorrow I have a chess meet! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment