March 20, 2014

Day 299

Had a fantastic day today! Went to the Smithsonian today, and it was fantastic. The art gallery was amazing! Such beautiful paintings and sculptures. After this, I went to the American History museum, which was neat. I loved the history of warfare. I noticed that prior to the WWI section, there was very little of the news snippets and more matte pictures of things. But once you got to the WWI and especially after WWII, you really started to see even in this museum this news and media craze. Documentary footage everywhere, television screens, news snippets, models are bigger, etc.. It was really fascinating!

The Air and Space Museum was the place I really wanted to visit, and it was stunning. I'd been there once before with family, but this time was different obviously, and I loved all the exhibits. I spent a good while in the gift shop, got a friend of mine two Star Trek books, and another friend a space pen!

Returned to the hotel for an hour to change and headed out to dinner. Had an awesome crab cake sandwich and then we were off to see The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and it was hilarious and awesome! I love the play; I had seen it before performed by a high school, and this one was of course better, but I just loved seeing it again!

Well, it's been an awesome trip! We leave tomorrow after Arlington. See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment