March 10, 2014

Day 289

So, had the day off, which was really nice. And I found out that I only really have to be at school until 10:30 tomorrow because of how my schedule works out, so that's awesome! I'll have ample time to work on thesis stuff, which'll be good. I got up late today and watched the second episode of Buffy and then the final episode of it, and watching those two back-to-back... man, what a nigh-and-day comparison! I mean, everything is so different, from the characters, the acting (oh, god, the acting) and even the lighting. Things feel so much more confident in the final episode, as they should be, but just the stark difference was really palpable here.

Watched some episodes of Star Trek Voyager and a bunch of Frasier eps as well (I really went on a TV binge today). I also started reading The Left Hand of Darkness, which I'm liking sort of. I guess I can't really say much about it because I've only read the introduction (the stuff she says about sci-fi is really interesting, and while I don't agree with some of it, I get the point that she's making and find it to be a neat spin on what the genre is for) and the first half of the first chapter. I find it an engaging read so far.

AYS was okay tonight. It was the last night of sectionals for my AYS career (thank God) and now we only have I think ten rehearsals left (I could be wrong). Next week I'm missing it because of my Winterim, so that's nice.

Well, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow should be a really really easy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment