March 1, 2014

Day 280

Man, you know it's bad when you've spent the majority of a Saturday on Amazon adding to and editing your Wish List.

I did work on my Advanced English story, and I think I'm liking the direction it's taking a lot more than the first draft of it. It has more theme to it now, which is good. I'm writing this mob scene for it, and that's been really enjoyable. Also, the ending is completely different, which is great, because I hated the first ending, and pretty much only did that because I needed to have one. This new one is much more symbolic and character driven. I might post it to the blog once I'm done, but I don't know. Let me know if you want to read it, and I'll post it.

Went to the comic book store today. Not a huge haul; only two books, but that's okay. I'm really loving "Dark Cybertron", and the Superior Spider-Man title is getting really complicated! I don't even know what's going on! I read more of The Book of Not! I just love that book. I also found this fantastic TedTalk (which you've most likely already seen) about education and creativity, and because of this, I promptly added to my Amazon Wish List several of the speaker's books, because this guy knows what he's talking about! It's a really great video, so check it out below:



Cool, right? It ties actually very nicely into one of the themes of The Book of Not. This idea that we only focus on a certain part of human creativity, that's a huge thing in Not, and to make that connection was really interesting.

Went out to dinner, came home, and am now continuing to work on my Advanced English story. See you all tomorrow, hopefully with a new review or Mini-View!

No comments:

Post a Comment