February 6, 2014

Stuff That I Like- 2/6/14



So, Lindsey Stirling's new video is out finally! For whatever reason, Yahoo got a hold of it before Lindsey's been able to put it up on YouTube, so the video is only available on Yahoo for now.

**** Update: Her video is now on YouTube, and it's super cool! Check it out below!



I really love this video, and it really makes the weakest piece on the Lindsey Stirling album, "Stars Align", really pop visually! Also, this is a new version of the piece, shorter and less screechy. The effects for this are lavish and eye-popping, and you can totally tell that the FX people had a field day with this! Lindsey's dancing is toned down, and she is joined by backup dancers. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I really liked Lindsey doing her own thing alone, but the backup dancer don't do anything inherently bad; they just don't add anything substantial either. I love the space motif going on, and the piece has a good pace and energy to it that for some reason works better here than it did on the album (again, I think this new version is better than the album version). Really cool, and I'm so glad that Lindsey's back making videos!

But that's not all I've discovered in the wondrous world of music on the Internet! I stumbled across this really awesome violin/viola/piano Frozen Medley, combining several songs from the film into this really great mashup of lovely strings and keys!



Just a lovely medley, and I really love that they combined the two version of "For the First Time in Forever" into one portion of the piece. Really cool project, and I love it!

That's it. Just some fun music I thought I'd share! I should do more of these; I like doing this type of casual stuff that isn't part of my Project 365 thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment