February 28, 2014

Day 279

Friday at long last! Right off the bat, I have to say that I can't put down The Book of Not! If Nervous Conditions was outstanding in its character exploration and interaction, then Not is absolutely stunning in it's writing and the themes it explores! It's so good, and I am just having a ball reading it.

So, I had to be at school by 7:00 because my mom had to be at work very early. I spent that time before school actually started to finish off my English essay. I don't think I did my best on this, but whatever. Compared to what I might have written on a blue book, this is a definite improvement!

In History, we looked at the historical figure Gandhi and how the real world history differed from the film, and compared and contrasted the historical figures with their film counterparts. Really neat stuff. We also read some criticisms of Gandhi, which I thought was an odd way to end the class, but the teacher did remind us that Gandhi was far more of a good man than a flawed one. And that is it for History class until April! Whew! I can't believe how fast this year's gone by!

In English, I spent my time reading Not while everyone else took their blue book. I turned in my essay, which I still feel is underperforming for me, but whatever. We don't have English class for a month too!

Practiced the Bach Double some more in strings. I'm getting more of the runs, and definitely by Monday I'll have this down. I organized the sports equipment for track and then Aaron and I headed out to see Non-Stop with Liam Neeson. It was pretty good, considering it came out in February. It was more complicated than I expected, and I'm a big Neeson fan (except for Taken 2, which just doesn't exist), so it was nice to see him in action again.

Got home around 8:00 and read more of Not because it's amazing. I'm very tired so I'm going to bed. Goodnight, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment