February 7, 2014

Day 258

It's finally Friday! Man, this week was so long, I feel! Just crazy. Everything was all switched around from where it normally fit into my schedule, and it just made me super tired. I'm really tuckered out right now. I tried to work on my review of "Out of the Past" today, but I just wasn't feeling it. Anyway, it was a good day today; got a ton of work done on my thesis, so that's great!

We got a new book finally in English! It's called Nervous Conditions by Tsitsi Dangarembga, and so far it's pretty good. Very etherial, though that could be that I was half-asleep while reading it in class... not because of the book, but just because I was super tired today for whatever reason. I like the book, granted I'm only 19 pages in, but I like how it's written. We also were told that we're going to be having a thesis work day on Tuesday, which is also when our first drafts of that are due, so I guess the idea is that we'll have time to spruce it up during the English period come Tuesday, which'll be nice. I'm super glad we're starting a new book! I was totally done with The Plague from when we started talking about the Holocaust to the end of the unit. It was just so depressing and plodding. This looks to be far more upbeat or at least more fast-paced because we've done all of the heavy reading and lecturing to understand existentialism. This unit should be a welcome change to the slow and down unit for The Plague.

History was a thesis work period! I added a whole page to my paper! I'm pretty excited about that, because I managed to cram an idea into the paper that I thought I'd not be able to do, so that was pretty fun. Also had an awesome conversation with a friend of mine ranging from music to the new focus on her thesis (yes, she's changed her angle on her topic this late in the game; people do that, but I'm still surprised and impressed that she's chosen to do that now). Listened to some Beyoncè, found I'm totally not a fan at all, and then left.

The violin concert tonight went very well. I had only two hiccups, and they were really having more to do with the piano fumbling a little bit, and then I accidentally turned sixteenth notes into triplets because I was weird like that. Otherwise, it went over smoothly. I moved a whole lot during this piece, because when I count something slow, I tend to move a lot while doing it to keep my place, and I did that here. My Mom said it was a good effect; says it added energy to the performance. Very happy with how this went down!

Well, I'm really tired now, so I'm going to hit the hay early here tonight. Tomorrow there will be much reading and writing! Should be great. Might see The Lego Movie too. I still can't believe how it is just bathing in critical success. Got a 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! Like, really?! I have to check this out now just to see what's making everyone swoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment