February 4, 2014

Day 255

I don't know if it was just me, but it felt like Wednesday all day today. Maybe it was because I didn't have AYS yesterday and had composition tutoring instead, but today just felt weird. Had to get up half an hour earlier than normal so as to be at school by 7:30. The strings performance this morning for the Mexican exchange students went pretty well. We had a little bit of a hiccup in the middle, but otherwise it was quite good. We were all really tired while playing it, but we managed to stay together for the most part. And the Mexican Exchange students loved it, so that was nice too.

Began classes with Post in which we watched the 1984 Red Dawn, a movie so bad it's good! My friend jokingly said that I should write a review of this, and I laughed in despair because if I were to take on this project, I'd probably literally die half way through. I had to leave half way through today's section of it for a pretty significant amount of time just to keep from falling asleep! The teacher sympathized, though, so it was okay.

In Advanced English we worked on our stories. I'm still at an impasse and am not sure what to do. I've kinda written myself into a corner, and I don't know how to resolve it. I guess I could restructure some stuff so that it could resolve easier. I want there to be this big secret and stuff, but I don't know how to implement that. I'm sure it'll be fine. I need to crank out something by Thursday anyway, so whatever.

Strings was third. The teacher let us out early because we played early this morning, so that was good. We worked on our weird spanish suite. It's getting better, and the rhythm is definitely getting more intuitive. We still have intonation problems and don't really have an idea who has the melody, due in part because our teacher doesn't even have a score because our local music shop sucks (not Robertsons, the other one). So, she let us out early because she's nice (and she had a puppy to take care of).

Fourth block was STAM. We worked a little bit on our surveys, and I narrowed down what I'm actually doing. I'm now looking at lead roles for women in the science-fiction/fantasy genre and how many of those films are written, directed, or produced by women. It should be an interesting survey! After that, we tok a quiz, and I completed some missing homework. I had a quick rehearsal with my piano accompanist for Friday's violin concert, and it went well. I am a little hesitant on my entrances, and I don't think it's as smooth as I would like it to be, but overall, it sounds pretty good.

Came home and worked a little bit more on my story, studied for my English blue book test tomorrow, and am now heading to bed. Goodnight, all. Tomorrow will actually be Wednesday, which'll be fun I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment