January 4, 2014

Day 224

Woke up late today. I really want to see Frozen again! That movie, man! The more I think about it the more I love it. Anyway, we wrote our Christmas thank-you notes today (better late than never, right?) and I wrote in my journal a little bit.

Went to see The Wolf of Wall Street today, something that I had been looking forward to for a while now. If Frozen was my biggest surprise of the new year thus far, this has to be the biggest disappointment. I'm sorry, I just did not like this movie. It was slow, bloated, and I think the biggest problem I had with it was that I expected based on all the reviews I had read and seen that this would be a quippy, Aaron Sorkin-like dialogue fest. This wasn't it. I think it's main problem would have to be that it's not slick enough. The story isn't slick, certainly, but I think that translated to the script and just the way it was shot... it didn't feel as polished as I would have liked.

I am glad we saw it, though. I do like DiCaprio as an actor, and this just wasn't a style of directing that I'm a fan of I guess. Came back home and had some pizza for dinner. My friend texted me out of the blue and asked if I would be willing to arrange a song for the graduation ceremony that people would perform volunteer-only. So, I said yes, but being that she hasn't yet gotten the volunteers together, I don't know what the instrumentation is. I came up with a quick piano sketch of the song (we're doing Carry On by Fun), and am waiting to hear back from her. It's a pretty big honor, doing this, I think. Should be cool!

Now off to bed to see if I can't get my sleeping schedule back under control. Goodnight, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment