December 12, 2013

Day 201

Alright! In the 200s. I'm feeling strong. Actually, I am feeling oh so tired. Just completely drained of energy, motivation, caring about my education. It's that time of year where students all just die because finals are next week and I can't handle the fact that it's coming up so quickly! Like, two weeks ago was the ending of Thanksgiving! Like, that is not okay!

It was a short day today, had all of the afternoon free. I was really bored, but I had a lot to do, so I don't know why I didn't just sit down and do it. I'm regretting that now, and I'm sure I'll be regretting it over the weekend. English was the most engaging of the two classes I had today (in Modern we worked on our books; I finished mine).  Anyway, in English, we read these two articles, both of which talked about alien invasion science fiction and how it could be seen as a means to tell the story of the European conquest of the Americas from the point of view of the Native Americans, but obviously in an exaggerated light, with the humans being the natives and the aliens being the conquerers/invaders. An interesting spin on looking at sci-fi to be sure, and I really liked how these articles got me thinking about the Xenogenesis trilogy in a new way, certainly in a far more entertaining way than I had thought about it before. I can now say that I respect the book a whole lot more than I did prior to this reading of it.

Other than that, not too much else to report. I wrote a poem in my journal, thinking about writing some more in there after this. Last day tomorrow before the weekend! Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment