December 3, 2013

Day 192

Beginning the day with STAM is always kind of an energy-drainer. Don't get me wrong, I like my teacher and a lot of my friends are in there, but the class itself I just find kinda boring. It's not one's fault, really, aside from mine. I'm not very good at math (which is odd, 'cause I'm a pretty logical and analytical person), so I guess this doesn't really resonate with me as much as my other subjects.

Post was really fun today. We looked at car culture, a perfect subject to look at out here in the southwest. It was a cool class, because we looked at the car's start, the designs, the horrible idea to make no safety regulations at all for the longest time, and the glass used in older vehicles. I like the 60s and 70s muscle cars! Those are classics. There was some obvious nostalgia coming from my teacher, and that was kinda funny.

Advanced English was nifty! Looked at three plays my fellow students did. They were great. The deliveries that some of the chosen students reading did were hysterical! I worked on my play a little after class too. I still have to come up with a satisfactory ending, but otherwise, it's pretty good. I'm liking the length of it. It's not too short, but not huge either, so it should fit into ten minutes time.

Ran through all our pieces in strings today. The concerto is sounding better. The first violins are really getting it! Really! Yep. It'll go great. After this, I saw my outside reader about my PA. I think I have a better understanding of what I should say in there, but I'm still a little confused about how and where I should say it.

Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. is pretty good. No new episode this week, but I did get to catch up on the one's that I've missed over the past three weeks. The show is so fun. I'm kinda torn on the tone of the show, though, because the Marvel movies are all epic and dark and feel thematic, at least on their own if not within the rest of the universe they've built. But this show feels a little like it's riding on the fumes of the movies before it, trying to use them to boost itself up. I guess that's kinda the point, but still. Feels a little forced at times. And someone needs to flesh out Melinda May's character! My God, what a wooden character.

Have to get up early tomorrow to take the bus. I get new strings on my violin tomorrow too. That should be nice. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment