November 26, 2013

Day 185

Grandparents Day at my school is always great. If you don't know what that is, it is a tradition at my school where students invite their grandparents to visit for half the day, mostly so that they can write big checks to the school, but also as a way for us to appreciate our heritage, our history, and our families, and it's a nice way to begin the Thanksgiving break.

As Grandparents Day was going on, the upper school strings were called on to play at the grandparents luncheon thing. It went very well. I of course neglected to bring a change of clothes for the rest of the day, so I was stuck wearing a tux for the entire day, so that was nice. Post was the most interesting class. We had a number of grandparents sit in on that class, and we had a whole fascinating discussion about the '50s and '60s and how our perceptions of history, humanity, social interactions, and safety has changed in a relatively short amount of time. It was a fascinating talk, and it was nice that the grandparents interacted with the students, often leading the conversations. A very successful class indeed.

Advanced English was next. Three of my peers presented their plays. All were very good, and what made the class so great was the teacher brought in his eight-year-old daughter, who was of course adorable! She even got to read a part for two of the plays and it was so great! One of the plays was a hilarious comedy about a flight attendant having ten husbands, four of whom were on the plane that she happened to be on, and all of whom were sitting right next to each other. It was pretty great! Another play was about ghosts and it was kinda sad, but touching too. The last one was about this drug deal. It was the weakest, but it was still very good. I'm so honored to be around such talented people!

I had free last block, so it was just kind of a lazy end to a great thought-provoking day. Composition tutoring was okay too. Working on my third movement to my violin concerto. It's coming along nicely. Now it is the break, and I'm so thankful for it. I worked on my play tonight. I have three scenes, and I'm not really sure how to end it.

Tomorrow, I get to sleep in! Yeah! Thank the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment