November 20, 2013

Day 179

So, I've gone for a considerable amount of time now without posting pictures along with my daily posts. Part of that is I've decided that I don't want to be labeled as creepy by my peers when I take pictures of them or of things around my school, and I also tend to forget to take pictures during the day. I'm wondering if you all are liking this no-picture format I've got going (I have noticed that these recent posts have garnered more views than posts with pictures, though the increase in views is probably due to more content on the page itself), or if you want to see what I look like when I'm given sugar... let me know in the comments below.

Today was pretty good, though I'm coming down with a cold, so that's not fun. In Advanced English, we began our long look at our peers' plays. As a class, we critique a student's play after a selected portion of us do a read through. This first one was very good. I'm always impressed at how awesomely we are able to write and how we're able to convey complex ideas in such simple terms. It was very macabre, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Strings was pretty cool too. We ran through my concerto, and the teacher had the really bad idea to allow me to solo. I was very nervous, and I had no sheet music of my own, so I had to play it from memory... and I wasn't prepared. It went badly for me, but I'm loving the fact that we're playing it. Tomorrow, I will be more prepared by actually having my music with me should the occasion arise where I would need it.

In STAM, we took some review notes for our test on Friday. I think I have a pretty good handle on the concepts covered in this unit. This unit is the probability unit, and I do so love it! It was a short block today, so after this, I worked more on my PA. I'm up to six pages now! Woot! I'm so excited, and not even about the fact that I have six pages, but about the fact that I want to write about this stuff! I care deeply about this, and that's what's so great!

Post was really fun. We discussed sports in the '50s and '60s, and looked at how baseball was the main focus for sports while football didn't come into its modern form until the late '70s early '80s. Really interesting stuff here, because sports back then were used as outlets for the civil rights movement! Really cool stuff! Learned about the awesome Muhammad Ali and all he did and said. We watched an interview with him where he was talking about bringing back the gold medal for the Olympics, and when he went back to his home town and tried to eat at a fancy Whites-only restaurant, the waitress said "we don't serve N's here," and he responded "well, I don't eat N's either!" Damn! That's like the best comeback for such a stupid law ever! I love that he said that!

Violin lesson was good. We worked the whole time on my concerto. I'm kinda getting a feel for what I want to do with it. It's becoming more than just a notation exercise; it's becoming soulful music! I'm so glad that my teacher is willing to take her time to go over this with me. Came home and watched Tuesday's Person of Interest and holy balls! Are you kidding me?! If you watch the show, you know what I'm talking about, and if you haven't watched the show... go watch it! It's so good, but this last episode man! Just... Oh my God! Anyway, I'm doped up on NiQuil, so I'm gonna call it a night. See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment