November 2, 2013

Day 161

Okay, so I must say, today completely made up for yesterday's bad taste, as I am now done with the SAT, like, forever (hopefully)! I felt more comfortable taking the test this time 'round, and I think my essay was better as well. I also got my backpack back today! The parents of the student who took mine by mistake came over and dropped it off. That was very nice of them, and I'm so glad that it wasn't stolen or something.

After that, I came home and Aaron and I went to see Ender's Game. I have such mixed feelings about this, because on the one hand, I love that this is now a movie, and the exterior of Battle School is just like how I pictured it in the book, just this big floating station ship thing that's awesome to look at. Really, all the effects are great, and the way Command School is done is pretty faithful to the book. However, I find that everything in the movie felt very... small in comparison to the book. They got mostly everything in there, to their credit, but it all felt truncated, like they wanted to be so faithful to the book that they ended up needing to cut everything down to half of what it was in the book because they wanted to include all that the book had in it... but since this was a movie they had to make cuts... I don't know. It was still very good, and I'm very happy with the results. The score is awesome. Steve Jablonsky scored it, and that makes me soooo happy! I'm listening to it right now; it's awesome!

We came home and played a small game of chess, continuing from yesterday's game extravaganza. Seriously, that was insane! Yesterday, after coming home from backpack-hunting, Aaron and I went on this chess marathon where we just played these ridiculous games where we were both really tired and exhausted (I was especially exhausted 'cause I had just run a 5K, and y'know, that tends to take a lot out of a guy)! So, today we finished off our last game from last night. Then we went to dinner, meeting Aaron's parents there. It was a lovely evening. We had bread pudding for dessert! Yummy awesometacularness!

Came home after saying our goodbyes and thanks for having Aaron over, and watched Much Ado About Nothing, Joss Whedon's take on the play! It was very very good! Everyone in it was amazing of course, and it was Joss Whedon doing Shakespeare... like, by default that's awesome! Great day today, and tomorrow, I get to sleep in! Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment