September 7, 2013

Day 105


Went to this great benefit concert featuring Rachel Barton-Pine! It was bitchin'!

Ran a 5K today for the Cross Country meet! It was a really easy course, so it was fun instead of grueling. Got home at around 9:00 and spent the afternoon editing my concerto. The benefit concert was at 6, and it was great! It started out with the Piano Concerto in D Minor, and the soloist was this awesome 11-year old kid who was amazing! Then Barton-Pine came on and totally rocked out to this AC/DC medley she wrote! It was great! The Osborne Medley was fun too. I especially liked when the whole orchestra started playing Iron Man! Kick ass! Then she played the Brahms violin concerto. I must admit, I'm not a real big fan of the first movement, but the second and third were spectacular. Came home and watched the original Robocop, because the new one just had a trailer released and my Mom hadn't seen the old one... yes, my Mom hadn't seen the original Robocop. I... yeah, I don't know either. Anyway, great day today! Tomorrow, I go see the Santa Fe Symphony in their dress rehearsal! So many concerts; super stoked! 

No comments:

Post a Comment