August 28, 2013

Day 95


It's so good! Just... it's just so freakin' good!!!

50th anniversary of the "I Have a Dream" speech! Yeah! Of course, my class neglected to mention anything related to that today... not sure why; we even had Modern History today! WTF?!

Good day today despite that oversight. Had STAM and took my quiz. I feel it went okay, and it is just a quiz. We're doing homework online now, and it's kinda cool. There was a little bit of an issue with the network and getting everyone signed in, and then of course once I completed the assignment for homework, the teacher realized she made a mistake and there was an email sent out to everyone except me, because I'm not in the STAM email list yet 'cause I'm a late addition to the class... anyway, long story short, that wasn't the homework, but the teacher said that what I did was fine, so that's good I guess.

Modern History next! Talked about Machiavelli today! What an interesting book! We talked some about government and why we answer to it and why we choose to not rebel and conform to anarchy. Discussed fear and power and loss of it when you rely on someone else when in a powerful position... it was just a cool discussion!

English 12 next, which is kinda like another history class today and the next class because we're learning a little bit about Iranian history. We can't discuss Persepolis without first delving into the backstory of the Iranian Revolution and its history and whatnot. It was interesting, and no homework in here! Yay!

Strings was last. We played Handel's Concerto Grosso, which went fine. A friend of mine doesn't like it, and I'm not that big a fan of it, but I did like that I got to apply my knowledge of the anacrusis a little bit! That was fun. Then I had a half of a free, in which I tagged along with a friend of mine while she freaked out over having not written her college essay which was assigned to us in April when it is now due... today! Don't procrastinate, kids!

Cross Country was small today. Not even the captain of the boys' team showed up, so you knew it was going to be a rather lax day. Indeed it was, as my group (the slow group) did a light jog in and around the Deep Dark Woods. Then my Mom was late picking me up, so I got some college information down and then returned home.

Edited my paper for tomorrow a little bit (it's still a mess, though), and then spent the majority of the night editing the slurs and bowings and whatnot for my violin concerto! Got some good practicing in tonight too. Overall, a very fun day. Looking forward to tomorrow, where I have Adv. English!!! Super stoked for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment