August 16, 2013

Day 83


This is me returned home after Cross Country. I'm really tired!

School continues to impress me! Started the day off with Modern World History, in which we were given a brief overview of the class and learned about Rasputin and how insane and creepy he was! He was poisoned, then shot, and still survived all of that, then was shot like sixteen times again, and instead of dying by gunshot wound or bloodloss or poison, he died of drowning! Like, what?!?!?!?!? Anyway, that class was fun!

Next came Strings followed by PreCalc. Strings is pretty fun. We sight-read a new piece which I like a lot better than yesterday's choice. PreCalc is still intimidating, and I haven't made up my mind whether I like the teacher or not.
English came next (the regular one)! This was interesting; we learned about maps, specifically the ancient and medieval maps that had Jerusalem in the center of the world or Mecca in the center of the world or some such. Then we looked at different modern maps and how they attempt to wrestle with size and scale and stretch and such. It was pretty neat. I'm not sure what it has to do with English, but I'm sure I'll find out eventually!

PE was last block. This class is like the easiest class on the planet. We had an overview of what we'll be doing this year (we didn't even have to change out of our normal clothes), and then we got out forty-five minutes early! Plus a bunch of my friends are in that class, so that's cool!

Cross Country was grueling, though not as bad as intervals, which I'm not looking forward to! We did a five mile hard run today in the hot sun. It was very dry and I got lost and thought I would die of heat stroke or something. Anyway, it's over now, so that's okay, but I'm sooooo sore!!!

Tomorrow, I rehearse Phantom with the whole group of people! Looking forward to that a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment