July 8, 2013

Day 44


Sweet new Everrest shoulder rest for my violin! Thanks to my cousin for introducing me to this.

Woke up and downloaded some new apps for my phone. Evernote is a really cool note and bookmarks app that, I am happy to say, bases everything around organization and efficiency. Also, I got me the Amazon app! Uh oh! That means I'm falling even harder into the rabbit hole. I'm not sure that's a bad thing...
Went to violin lesson today. Worked on a whole bunch of stuff, like AYS music, Mozart, began the Bach Partita #3, and looked at some All-State stuff a little bit. Came home to find the above accouterment ready to be attached to my violin. It's a great fit, and the feet are far more durable and don't rub against the wood as much as the previous shoulder rest I'd been using. I also feel more comfortable with putting it on with the pickup attached, as I don't feel like I'm squeezing things together in unnatural ways. It's a great piece! Tomorrow I rehearse Phantom with my friend again. That should be fun. See you all then!

No comments:

Post a Comment