July 1, 2013

Day 37


Love playing Mozart!

Good to be back home! I spent the morning working on my waltz, then practiced the violin for a good hour and a half! I'm learning the 1st movement of the 3rd Mozart violin concerto, and I absolutely love it! It's so happy and springy! Went to my violin lesson today instead of tomorrow, and my teacher and I had a great discussion about the Mark O'Connor camp, and she did reassure me that my posture and left hand positions were fine, and she encouraged me to keep doing my elbow swings to lower strings. She did, however, agree with Hall-Tompkins that it wouldn't hurt to try this cotton ball between my fingers technique that she suggested, as my hand is rather crunched up while in playing position. I just realized that if you're not a strings player, this vernacular must sound really weird!
Anyway, after that, my Mom and I went to the Laundromat hopefully for the last time! Huzzah! Then we got some groceries (I got a big thing of doughnuts! Bwahahaha!!!) and got some chicken for dinner. Yum. Now I'm in the process of reorganizing my iTunes library and my various playlists. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment